My crown collection

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thunderstorms.... A confession.


I am terrified of thunderstorms. I don't mean jump like the lady in the Kay Jewelers commercial does I mean full on terrified. Hide my head under the covers, bury my head in my husband's chest, wake up the next day with my whole body hurting because I tighten everything in my body terrified.
Yes I know thunder is just noise. I know that thunder can't hurt me. I'm even very much aware that the likelihood of my home, myself or anyone I know getting struck my lightening is crazy remote even more remote then the likelihood that I'll ever own an island or win a national title but the fear is still there. It goes beyond anything logical.
I have friends who love them and my kids can sleep right through them or even fall asleep in the middle of one. My husband can sit and watch them for hours but if they go on for any length of time I will be a sleep deprived mess by they time they are over. It's crazy, it's sad, it's completely juvenile and totally true. I'm terrified of thunderstorms and if the last couple weeks are any indication of what spring is like in Ohio I'm going to be a basket case by the time summer arrives. And with that confession...I now return you back to your regularly scheduled programming. I'm just praying it isn't a thunderstorm.

\^^^/ Ang



1 comment:

The judges remarks: